1) School Vision, Mission, Values & CCE Vision and Mission
|Corporation Primary School|
Nurturing Pupils who C.A.R.E to succeed
Providing holistic education to build character and develop talents in a nurturing environment
Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Humility, Endurance, Responsibility
Every CPS pupil, a RICHER pupil
To guide our CPS pupils with the right moral values so that they can contribute actively to the society
|CCE Goal: |
To inculcate values and build competencies in our students to develop them to be
good individuals and useful citizens.
2) Desired Behaviour of a CPS pupil
At the end of 6 years, every CPS pupils shall be a RICHER pupil:
|Respect||We demonstrate kindness in word and deed, treating others as we would like to be treated.|
|Integrity||We demonstrate moral courage and uprightness, being consistent in word and deed.|
|Compassion||We demonstrate love and care for others through words and deeds.|
|Humility||We demonstrate the quality of being modest.|
|Endurance||We demonstrate resilience in working towards goals and objectives set.|
|Responsibility||We demonstrate the ability to behave sensibly in ways that are expected of us.|
3) CCE Learning Outcome
The Learning Outcome (LOs) of CCE state what we want our pupils to learn and attain. The CCE core values are embedded in the 8 LOs.
|LO1||Acquire self-awareness and apply self-management skills to achieve personal well-being and effectiveness|
|LO2||Act with integrity and make responsible decisions that uphold moral principles|
|LO3||Acquire social awareness and apply interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships based on mutual respect|
|LO4||Be resilient and have the ability to turn challenges into opportunities|
|LO5||Take pride in our national identity, have a sense of belonging to Singapore and be committed to nation building|
|LO6||Value Singapore’s socio-cultural diversity, and promote social cohesion and harmony|
|LO7||Care for others and contribute actively to the progress of our community and nation|
|LO8||Reflect on and respond to community, national and global issues, as an informed and responsible citizen|
4) Broad overview of CCE Curriculum component:
5) Our CCE Programmes:
1) Model Pupil Award aims to recognise and reward pupils who consistently displayed the school’s 6 core values “RICHER” through their words and deeds. Deserving pupil who displayed exemplary behavior will receive a certificate and a beautiful collar pin for the value displayed.
2) Values Inculcation Programme aims to provide opportunities and platforms for pupils to display the values through their words and deeds. We hope to “catch” pupils doing the right deed anytime and anywhere in school. Pupils who have obtained the milestones of 10 stars, 20 stars, 30 stars or 40 stars will get a token and certificate of commendation.
3) Values in Action is a learning experience in Character and Citizenship Education (CCE) that enhance students’ development as socially responsible citizens through ownership of their contribution to the community. Through VIA, students will be able to exercise social responsibility in their spheres of influence and play their part through meaningful contribution to the community.
|Level||Level of Impact||Activity|
|P1||Home and Classroom||Use your Hands Day|
|P2||Home and Classroom||Use your Hands Day|
|P3||School||NEA School Clean up|
|P4||School||P1 and P4 Buddy Program|
|P5||Local Community||Engaging the Elderly at All Saints Home|
|P6||Local Community||Advocates of Litter Picking|
|ALL||School||Daily Cleaning for 5mins|
Residents from St Joseph’s Home joining CPS for the Chinese New Year Celebration.
P5 Service Learning at All Saints Home (Jurong East Center).
4) CPS’s create National Education experiences through 4 Commemorative Events. These commemorative days are linked to important points in Singapore’s history.
Assembly Programme to commemorate Total Defence Day.
|Learning simple drills during CCE(MT) Level activities.|
Lunch Activities during Total Defence Day.
Click here to find out more about MOE Sexuality Education in Schools.
Last updated on 25 March 2019